1. Since the era of endoscopic band ligation, Sengstaken-Blakemore (SB) tube might be a beneficial option in rescue therapy for uncontrolled variceal hemorrhage associated with hemodynamic instability or failure of endoscopic treatment. 2. However, SB tube had a high incidence of fatal complication and rebleeding
1. The most frequent donor complications following living donor liver transplantation (LDLT) are biliary complications. 2. All donors with biliary complications were successfully treated non-surgically, with most improving after endoscopic placement of endobiliary stents and none showing recurrence on long term follow-up. 3. Endoscopic methods are useful and effective as first options for long-term treatment of right lobe LDLT donors who experience biliary complications that do not improve with conservative care.
1. Transradial intervention (TRI) in ST-elevation myocardial infarction patients undergoing primary percutaneous coronary intervention was associated with lower incidence of access site hematoma, 12-month repeat revascularization, and major adverse cardiac event compared to transfemoral intervention. 2.TRI in acute myocardial infarction setting would be deemed safe and feasible. 3. TRI can contribute to early ambulation and discharge.
1. The association between hypnotics intake and the risk of heart disease remains controversial in several observational epidemiological studies. 2. We investigated the associations by performing a meta-analysis. 3. Our meta-analysis of observational epidemiological studies found that use of hypnotics was associated with a decreased risk of or mortality from heart disease.
1. Patients who have sarcomatoid carcinoma and good performance status need active treatment strategies because they might have good therapeutic response with cytotoxic chemotherapy. 2. In some sarcomatoid patients, epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) mutation is positive and may show good EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor response. 3. In some sarcomatoid patients, the expression of programmed death ligand 1 is high and it may response well to immune checkpoint inhibitors.
1. Current concepts regarding chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) are that it is not a limited airway disease but a whole systemic inflammatory disease. 2. Plasma nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) levels gradually increased in line with disease severity and the extent of systemic inflammation in patients with COPD. 3. Assessing the level of plasma Nrf2 can be a useful method to evaluate the degree of indirect systemic inflammation in COPD according to disease severity.