1. Erythromycin accelerates gastric emptying by inducing gastric antral contraction.
2. Intravenous erythromycin infusion prior to emergency endoscopy for acute nonvariceal upper gastrointestinal bleeding seems to provide satisfactory endoscopic visualization in Korean patients.
1. Uric acid might be a useful predictor for response to combined treatment of pegylated interferon-α and ribavirin for chronic hepatitis C.
2. Uric acid level was higher in patients with metabolic syndrome, which may be associated with the prognosis of chronic hepatitis C virus infection.
1. Lipoprotein lipase (LPL) gene Pvu II restriction fragment length polymorphism was associated with an elevated risk of hypertriglyceridemia (HT).
2. The P+ allele carriers of the LPL gene might be predisposed to HT.
1. Angiotensin type 1 receptor blockers are known to have flat dose-response relationship in blood pressure (BP) lowering efficacy.
2. The efficacy of low dose (30 mg) fimasartan showed comparable 24-hour BP lowering efficacy with valsartan (80 mg).
3. Fimasartan 30 mg effectively maintained BP reduction profile over the full 24-hour dosing interval, suitable for once daily dosing.