1. Helicobacter pylori eradication induced the disappearance of hyperplastic polyp in National Cancer Screening Cohort. 2. Gastric polyp size was inversely associated with the disappearance of hyperplastic polyp. 3. Age and sex had no association with regression of hyperplastic polyps.
1. Lower levels of total triiodothyronine (T3) were well correlated with 1-year major adverse cardiovascular and cerebrovascular events in percutaneous coronary intervention-treated acute myocardial infarction patients, especially hear failure (HF) requiring re-hospitalization. 2. The T3/free thyroxine levels can be an additional marker to predict HF.
1. Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) significantly reduced adenosine diphosphate and collagen-induced platelet aggregation in dose-dependent manner. 2. EGCG also suppressed shear stress-induced platelet adhesion, but had no effect on P-selectin and PAC-1 expressions. 3. EGCG did not suppress platelet aggregation any further in subjects already took anti-platelet agents. It implied no increased bleeding risk by EGCG.
1. Intermittent normobaric hyperoxia with carboplatin displays a synergistic tumoricidal effect in a mouse lung cancer model. 2. Addition of hyperoxia to chemotherapy enhanced oxidative stress, which is considered to induce cell death mainly via apoptosis. 3. Intermittent normobaric hyperoxia may be a useful adjuvant therapy for lung cancer.
1. Korean pregnant women have wider ranges of thyroid hormone reference intervals and pregnancy outcomes did not vary in mothers with subtle changes in thyroid function. 2. These findings will reduce the number of pregnant women who may be classified as having subclinical hypothyroidism and are subjected to unnecessary levothyroxine treatment.
1. The early response to tolvaptan treatment was better in patients with syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion (SIADH) than in those with congestive heart failure (CHF). 2. The mean maintenance dose was larger and the total duration of tolvaptan use was slightly longer in the CHF than SIADH group. 3. The tolvaptan treatment strategy should be differed between patients with SIADH and those with CHF.